Irvine, California

I have tried for ONE month to remove my info from the Whitepages web but have been unable to do so. I have emailed numerous times for assistance but keep getting a "generic" how to remove email message!

Your removal page is not working. I have called your 206-973-5100 number which has been suspended temporarily!! What is going on?? Please help me remove my info ASAP!

Can anyone please call, email, contact me regarding this matter. This is very important to me as minors are involved and I dont feel it is safe to have my home address on the web.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Whitepages Cons: Not able to remove my info from whitepages, Not able to remove my info.

Comments

people, stop, think for a minute, they created this site before you.they already sat down for all the possible business strategies,ie: removal of your info. first i thought they are nice enough to do.really?

they are making money out of your info so when everyone starts removing there will be no one left and they ll be out of business.the bottom line, this removal is only temporary. you will come back on only in a matter of time.you're welcome.

I also have the same problem. I'm talking to a lawyer about suing the white pages.

IT IS A TRAP/SCAM - DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER &/OR YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS!!! THEY WILL NOT REMOVE YOUR ADDRESS, BUT THEY WILL PUT YOUR OTHER INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET FOR THE WORLD TO SEE!!!

Write to them at their FIVE MILLION DOLLAR (7,300 Square Foot) mansion, that was paid for with all of our unauthorized published information that they sold!

WRITE TO THEM AT THEIR "UNPUBLISHED" HOME ADDRESS BELOW!!!

Alex Algard & Susie Kang Algard

1220 7th Avenue West

Seattle-Queen Anne, Washington 98119

@Anonymous

Thank you for this information on the CEOs, I'll assume it's correct although I don't know what to trust anymore. How did you get their names and home address?

Yes, trying to remove my white pages information - the scam is that they made me put in my cell phone number, there was no other option.

Other sites have said that you just log in, pull up your account, and there is an icon on the upper right hand corner of your account that you just click and it gives you privacy options. This is NONEXISTENT on my account! So I went through the links per what Whitepages made me do and now they have my mobile number, placed a computer generated call to my cell, with a recording that my information will be removed "shortly". Right.

What the ***??? I will follow through with writing them if this is really their names and address, after writing the Better Business Bureau.

Has anyone else written them or taken such action?