Whitepages names used racial slur for the meaning of my surname

134 of 154 Whitepages reviews

Can you imagine someone search for your phone number and having a derogatory racial slur posted as the meaning of your name ?It happened to me.

Whitepages names used racial slur for the meaning of my surname Izzo, saying it was a nickname from Sicilian izzu ‘slv..’ or directly from Latin aegyptius ‘Egyptian’, or from the same word in the sense ‘dark-skinned’. That isn't true very few Izzos live in Sicily, most live in Naples. The posted meaning is offensive and derogatory, there isn't a Sicilian word izzu, it's an Arabic name and means honor as in Mu izzu - the honorer. but that isn't the meaning of my surname.

Izzo is a varaition f either Ezzo, Rizzo or Obizzo.I asked them to remove the offensive and untrue meaning for the surname IZZO from the Whitepages name meaning section and nothing was done.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Names meanings posted

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Whitpages names remove the racial slur meaning for the surname Izzo
Product or service
Whitepages People Search
Review category
Advertising
review #674470 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Whitepages? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
134 of 154 Whitepages reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 30, 2015 #1041044

Did you get any results from them?
File a complaint with the BBB in Washington state. Also file a complaint with the Attorney General in Washington state. Also, a complaint with the FTC. Then we will all start a class action lawsuit.

1 0 Reply
Ezzo  Izzo

Sep 30, 2015 #1041121 Manlius, New York, United States

Thanks for the advice. They contacted me and the Whitepages apparently doesn't care what is posted in their NAMES meaning add on - why does the Whitepages want people who are searching for other people's phone number to know what the 2003 Dictionary of American Family Names by Oxford University Press UK thinks the meaning of that name means ? They said I should contact Oxford Press and I did and given no historical references. It seems political ..I wrote both of these groups and informed them several people named Izzo in Italy are government prosecutors there and since the family names Rizzo, Aizzo, Erizzo and Obizzo have a completely different meaning given for Izzo, something is going on here. I recently found a 1551 document about a Ezzo king of Corsica and Gallaria, related to Azzone and Ezzelino of Rome.

0 0 Reply

Nov 03, 2015 #1057954

I have filed complaints with the FTC, as well as The Attorney GeWrite to them at their FIVE MILLION DOLLAR (7,300 Square Foot) mansion, that was paid for with all of our unauthorized published information that they sold!
WRITE TO THEM AT THEIR "UNPUBLISHED" HOME ADDRESS BELOW!!!
Alex Algard & Susie Kang Algard
1220 7th Avenue West
Seattle, Washington 98119neral in both Washington, & my home state. A HUGE CLASS ACTION SUIT IS IN ORDER!!!

1 0 Reply

Nov 09, 2015 #1060961

Write a "review" on glassdoor as a current or former employee or any of the other rating websites so people don't want to go to work there

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.