Whitepages refusal to remove information

12 of 154 Whitepages reviews

Several attempts were made by email to support to Whitepages to opt out of their website publication of personal information that is inaccurate, and their replies by email attempted to provide links to instructions on their web to remove personal information. This link and all inks were tried many times, but generated an error. Hence the need to contact Whitepages directly. After registering with an account in order to provide a support ticket. They responded that they would reply in 1 to 2 days. Nothing happened for two weeks. I then faxed them a copy of the emails, along with the JPEGs & GiFs of printscreen of urls for which the personal information was listed, including the url for OPT-ING out of their page. But this url link had the word suppression as ..."/suppression". When this was submitted, and error was generated.

I explained that to them via email, and provided the links and printed error messages.

Since I didn't get a reply to my first email message, I then faxed them a second copy. Again, no reply.

The third time, I mailed them a certified, return receipt copy of the fax.

Whitepages is unresponsive, and refuses to remove information that they have no business publishing, because it is inaccurate, and I don't wished it to be published.

I am therefore left with the only actions to file complaints to the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General Office of Massachusetts, Washington, and Federal AG Office.

But more importantly, I think they should be sued in a Class Action Suit (and put out of business) for violating the 14th amendment of citizen who do not wish to have their information made public, and who has attempted and requested many times to have that information made not public.

Personally, us private citizen who wish to remain private for personal reasons, should fight back these types of institutions who have a blatant disregard for the privacy of citizens that this US constitution guarantees.

One thousand individuals as form of crowd-sourcing and crowd-funding, should throw in $20.00 apiece for $20K retainer's fee to file a Class Action Lawsuit against Whiepages. I think the ACLU could stand to benefit from taking on something of this nature. And I wonder, how long would it take to enroll 1 thousand angry private citizens to collectively amassed a $20,000.00 retainer's fee.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Unethical

Reason of review:
suppression does not work
Preferred solution:
REMOVE MY Personal information from your website!
Product or service
Whitepages Privacy Policy
Review category
Advertising
review #944764

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Whitepages? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
12 of 154 Whitepages reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.