3K views

A while ago my family members and I had our info removed from Whitepages.com. Recently I found out that our info was available in Whitepages Premium. This is so UNETHICAL!!! If a company has removed our info, why is it now being sold?

I sent an email to: support@premium.whitepages.com

Our info was later removed.

Never assume that just because your info has been removed previously from these kinds of sites that it won't show up again. You need to be extremely vigilant and check periodically. NEVER be lax when it comes to the personal info of yourself and those you care about!

I wish Congress would pass laws that completely prevent these kinds of sites from displaying personal info.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue at Whitepages. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Whitepages to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Whitepages whitepages premium for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Whitepages?

Comments

I spent 2 days removing my info from online.Just to find it back.

Plus with more personal info listed. Yes, I believe the info they require you to give them when you opt out is saved and shared. It's awful. It hurts more law abiding citizens and helps the criminals.

Easy for someone to steal your identity. And a map to my home! How horrible!

I'm a single woman.This needs to stop!

Yes, I totally agree that.It happened to same thing.

I deleted my site before and now Whitepage is selling as premium service.I also hope the congress pass the law.

Arkansas City, Kansas, United States #1192635

The worst thing that white pages does is try to force you to subscribe to their website, and then have you try to remove it.Noone gave them permission to list my information.

This has placed my famiy and myself in jeapordy.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #1181364

I mailed them the form with a copy of my photo ID as requested (with my photo and ID# blocked out).A month later, my information is still on their site.

I feel fairly certain that they request the ID in order to add to the information that they already have.

I have written to my congressman on this topic.I hope they will do something to protect privacy, especially victims of domestic abuse.

I know!I just saw my info on there after it was deleted from the whitepages site awhile back.

This is so shady of them, wish they could be slapped with a lawsuit. I'm sure there's a way.

I'm going to try to email them to have it removed but apparently there's a form and they want you to photocopy your id and send to them in order to remove.It's ridiculous!!

Nicole

I agree.I spent hours and hours trying to go through the dozens of sites displaying and selling our personal information, filling out opt out forms, sending emails, just jumping through all of the hoops, and I've barely made a dent in my family's search results!

It's really terrible that we are subjected to this treatment, we are made very vulnerable by these companies.

Same here by the way, Whitepages.com removed our listings and they have just popped up as WP Premium listings!Despicable!